The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 2 G's side by side...
In Response To: Re: 2 G's side by side... ()

Abel

I for sure will (as i have already promised!).

I hadn't fully appreciated what you had told me about how incredible they look in the flesh and how wearable they are. I cannot help but to look at it and tilt it for a different response in all lighting conditions, it's very jewel like...

You are also correct about the rarity. IF you can find one, they almost always have re-dials or piant issues, so this is the first G i have come across in such mint dial conditions in 6 months. Price wise they are clearly at least on a par with 73633b's infact the only other 1533G model i found was priced at £3000 and was a redial. (all incorrect script, off centre Monaco script, very flat dial finish.

I'm not sure i resist a 1533b for long...;-)

Rich

: Hey Rich,

: Very nice Monaco's!

: For me the 1533G is the most beautifull wristwatch Heuer has ever
: made...but that's just my personal opinion. These 1533G Monaco's
: appear to be very neutral and soft in pictures...but "in
: the metal" they're just perfect for me.

: There are a lot of collectors that even haven't seen such a 1533G
: in real life (because they're quite rare and not so desired I
: guess)...they only know it from pictures. The strange thing with
: this Monaco is that it looks very different (even more
: beautifull) in real life compaired to pictures.

: Very well done Rich...and if you ever decide to part with it...just
: let me know first ;-)

: Cheers,
: Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE