The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The Other Missing Number ? ? ? 1143

: Here is another puzzle for the forensic horologists . . . which
: number is missing in this sequence, and why? 11 33 = Monaco 11
: 53 = Carrera 11 63 = Autavia So what in the world happened to
: the 1143? Hopefully, TAG-Heuer will introduce this one soon!

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Yes, looking for breaks in patterns can be as important as looking for the patterns themselves. Though it can all get a bit chicken and egg.

Though in this case, I can tell you what the 1143 would have been :) And the reason I can do that is that the naming convention is preserved in the manual watches powered by the Valjoux 7730 variants.

So, here and now, I can exclusively reveal that the 1143 would have been...

The Chronomatic Camaro.

A "4" in the series position for the manual models denotes a Camaro, so that's exactly what an 1143 would have been. Whether Heuer planned one or not, who knows? I think it's probable but that the Monaco took its place.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE