The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Because You Like the Looks / Design
In Response To: Gentlemen, make your case .... ()

Every collector has his own preferences -- design / looks, build quality, functions, resale, value, movements, cases, dials, history, image, etc.

Buy the Heuer Autavia if the design appeals to you and you like the usefulness of a rotating bezel (used to mark times, as a second timer, etc.). I cannot compare the overall build quality of the various brands, or the mechanical quality of the movements, but to me the design is reason number one to collect Heuers, in general, and Autavias, in particular.

The "Heuer / OTD / Chronocentric Guys" are also a great bunch, and you may enjoy the sense of cummunity centered around this Discussion Forum. Of course, we will be nice to you, even if you don't buy an Autavia!! But you will probably feel better about yourself, and about life itself, if you are wearing a good old Autavia.

Thanks for the message.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I'm nuts about tonneau style watches from the
: 70's .... Heuer Autavia of course, but also
: Omega Seamasters and some Breitling models.
: Why should I consider purchasing a vintage
: Heuer and not the others?

: Thanks,
: Randy McElwee

: PS: Chuck ... you wetted my appetite for
: Omegas, see waht you started!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE