The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Almost new arrival - and newbie

Dear all,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the compliments. The watch is indeed a beauty, love it.

I currently have another Carrera at Heuer for a SPA and can't wait to have it back. However, will probably take another 4 weeks. Promise to post (better) pics once I got it.

@Paul: Glad to hear from you. Did you find the endlinks? Inform me about the outcome ;-). Still amazed by your collection.

@David: Glad to hear that you liked Zurich. I love it - born and raised here. You're right the watch shop close to Bellevue is rather expensive and sometimes the watches they sell are a bit "franken". However, finding vintage watches for decent prices here in Swtzerland is a though task - especially in Zurich with all its Bankers. But sometimes - with a little bit of luck - you find one (as the Carrera at hand) in the "hinterland" ;-).

Happy to assist if anyone needs shopping advices or the likes.

Cheers!

M

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE