The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No official spokesman, just a quick summary

: Fabrizio:

: Can you possibly summarize the reaction to the Patrizzi auction, as
: shown on the VetroPlastica forum? I see one very active thread,
: discussing this auction, but the messages are all in Italian.

: Can you provide us with a quick summary of the reaction . . . even
: just a few words to summarize the entire thread? We are accused
: of having "halos" and having our standards too high. .
: . are they also wearing these halos in Italy?

: Thanks,

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Hi Jeff, with the caveat of course I am no spokesman for Vetroplastica as I just enjoy reading the posts, the impression I got from the messages there is one of a certain disappointment and wasted opportunity, which I fully share: expections ran high, and output does not seem to match them.
Also, and again I agree with this, the idea is that with such a wealth of knowledge available around (OtD, Vetroplastica, DC and all others' blogs etc.) the people at Patrizzi & Co. could have prepared this auction far better.
People appreciate P&Co having pulled the Frankens out, but still too many ones in poor conditions, badly matched and with questionable valuations, especially on the higher end.
Hope this summary gives the general idea and does not misunderstand Vetroplastica posters' opinion. Can maybe GVM, Paolo etc. from Vetroplastica confirm?
Cheers.
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE