The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Importance of the First Re-Issue

I really liked David's comments about the first re-issue, so I'll copy and paste them here:

Coming in at third for me is the first of the re-editions, the CS2110. Again, the watch has a combination of great looks and historical significance. The flat black dial and the two registers gives the CS2110 a clean, simple look, with the bullseye left sub-dial reminiscent of the Calibre 15 sub-dial. Later re-editions had heavily sculpted dials and look a lot flashier than this one. When it was released in 1997 it was the first time in over 15 years that TAG Heuer made a Monaco to sell- and I think they were uncertain how the watch would be received. They chose the Carrera as the first re-edition watch, which was the safe choice. Its hard to imagine TAG Heuer without the Monaco today- but if the CS2110 hadn't been a success it would have almost certainly meant the second end for the Monaco. The CS2110 is still relatively easy to find and looks great with either the black or tan strap and Heuer buckle.
Well done, David and Rich!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: http://www.heuermonaco.co.uk/#/blog/4535761042

: In at number 3 a re-edition an the first one (slight bending of the
: normal rules allowed). Perhaps all "Heuer" stamped
: Monaco's should be allowed!

: Cheers DC, nice one.

: Rich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE