The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monaco - any more red hands out there?!
In Response To: Too Square? ()

Well i know that Monza as i wore mine at the weekend and i know for sure i will wear it on Christmas Eve the anniversary of being engaged to my beautiful wife (it was a present to me to celebrate that - my "ring" if you like!)

However i also owned a re-edition Monaco series1 for a brief period of time, in fact it had "red hands", i still havent found out 100% why it had red hands but it came from the original jewellers on red hands and it looked EVEN better. I think this watch is very nice (apart form re-edition pushers which i dislike) and is one to keep for the future, it can be purchased off Ebay usually around £1500-1700 if one shows patience...

One of the best Top3's so far DC, however i have another lined up which is likely to be equally as fascinating from a well known source. Coming soon...

: When I was working in London I promised myself that if I got
: accepted into business school I would buy myself a nice watch to
: add to my Quartz TAG Heuer 4000. I was a TAG fan and liked the
: re-edition catalog that was out in 2000-ish- I was trying to
: decide between the Monza and Monaco re-editions- in the end I
: chose the Monza because I didn't feel comfortable wearing a big
: square watch.

: I've never regretted buying that Monza (wore it today in fact), but
: fair to say that I'm much more used to larger watches with
: bright '70s dials that I was back then....

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE