The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Great feedback Jeff...

Jeff

Greetings!

My prices are based upon a mixture of results (I do not seek to copy your method at OTD, but rather employ a method I use to value the UK car market for Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Bentley, Porsche etc) which I find works very well for my day job. This combines actual results with research and some extrapolation. I have spoken to quite a few people whose opinions are trusted and I have canvassed several owners of such watches as to values and price points. I can also reveal that I know of some of these rare watches have changed hands recently off line so to speak and have used these results too. The Chronomatic and Transitional are for good condition dials and not “Paintless Wonders”, they are also not nos variants (I know one of these sold recently via Bonhams in excess of these figures).

Of course this is my opinion and I’m sure many will have their own. Which is fine, as I would never claim my guide is definitive or 100% accurate, because having spent 10 years valuing the car market in the UK has reinforced my view that there is not a definitive price guide to anything and it is never possible to be “accurate” per se as no two watches are the same. A guide values system adjusted for condition I also believe to be the best one, which is the one I use here.

I also believe a price guide should be updated regularly as seasonal fluctuations are real in most markets and certainly with Monacos there are also fluctuations in values of “trendy” variants, which is why 1533G’s have risen recently and this has been reflected. I believe with the time and resources at my disposal what I have come up with is a pretty good representation and seeing as I have personally had over a dozen Monacos through my hands in the past 6 months also helps me get a feel for the market.

Jeff as always it’s great to have your feedback, I hope the above answers some of your questions, the world is made up of many opinions, here is just one!

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

: Price guide looks good . . . very few quibbles along the way.
: But one big question for you: How can you possibly present six
: prices for the Chronomatics -- Mint, Good and Average, for
: Dealer and Private? I have seen exactly one of these offered
: this year, so I wonder on what basis you make these estimates.
: Have you seen others sold rpivately? Are these samples full blue
: or paintless? Of course your estimates are valuable, as such,
: but it strikes me that these six extimates cannot really be
: based on any "market" (though extrapolation is a
: useful process).

: Again, I believe that your website and your Price Guide are
: excellent, but I wonder if you might tell us more about the
: basis for these six estimates? I am not seeking to challenge
: you, but only for us to learn more about the process of
: producing this price guide.

: Thanks,

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE