The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Velkommen til Heuer's premier forum Mikeal

Welcome Mikael,
you are not alone from Denmark here on this forum. Peter and Jan are also regulars here ( both Dane's ) and i'm an Australian living i Copenhagen ( i speak Danish )
May i ask is the dial on your watch a glow in the dark yellow? The letter designation after the serial number could well note the colour of the dial. In Italian N = Negro (black) and i'm guessing here but the L could = Luminous (glow in the dark) such as my 980.031 - here's a couple of photo's

Hope this helps you - Darren

-
-
-
-
-: Hi !

: I am new to this forum. However, I hope that some of you experts
: can help me date - approx. - the Tag Heuer Profesional 1000
: METERS QUARTZ ref. no. 980.023L I just bought.

: The case is similar to the Spirotechnique one, and I was told it
: was probably manufactured in 1986-1987. I can't find the
: serialnumber on the case, but I trust/hope that the L in
: conjunction with the ref. no. "says something" ?

: The "other" 980.023's I have heard of/seen all cary an N
: after the ref. no., so .....

: Rgds
: Mikael

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE