The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Additional information 1163MH

Hi Jeff

I received the following information some time ago from Arno with regards to my early 1163MH. See pictures below.
This may help to answer some questions.
regards Paul

It is definitely a Schmitz case with the open pushers at the backside, see photo I have sent last night.
What is interesting is that your watch proofs that Heuer has used already two case suppliers 1970/71, not only after the Viceroy success.
Schmitz normally used a thicker backcase (compare with later Bells I have sent last night) different from the more shallow construction Of the Piquerez backcase.
Your watch has the thinner backcase probably from Piquerez, however the center case is different to the Piquerez design hence I would guess a Schmitz case.
Now the number is early, which fits well to the dial and the cal 11 movement, the later Schmitz mostly have 271xxx numbers..

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE