The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Fantastic News, David . . . Some Questions re Caliber 1887

David:

Fantastic to hear that you will be our correspondent in Basel! My advice is to bank up some sleep, as when you are in Basel, you will likely want to spend 18 hours in the world of watches, and then the next six reporting on the news and events.

Personally, I am very interested in the Caliber 1887. I believe that developing and producing this movement will be a huge breakthrough for TAG-Heuer, providing them with a reliable movement that will power the next generation of chronographs.

• Where will we see this movement, after the first Carreras?
  • What price point will TAG-Heuer be able to reach with chronographs powered by this movement? How low might it go, once it goes into full production?
  • Is there any chance that we will see the Caliber 1887 in the classic tri-compax lay-out?
  • What are TAG-Heuer's targets, in terms of accuracy of the movement?
  • What complications might we see? We know that Seiko has done the power reserve on its version of this base movement? Maybe a triple calendar or moonphase?

I know that our readers will also want to provide you with some questions for Jack Heuer and Jean-Christophe Babin.

Looking forward to all this!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: As you may know, next week is Baselworld- and fortunately, I'll be
: there to take a look at what TAG Heuer will be showing.

: One of the things that I have been able to arrange is an interview
: with Jack Heuer, and its only appropriate that this is a joint
: OTD/ Calibre 11 effort. So if there is anything that you've
: always wanted to ask Jack Heuer, now is your chance. I'll do my
: best to cover as much ground as possible, but of course there is
: limited time. My thanks to Jeff for joining up on this one.

: I will also be meeting with TAG Heuer CEO Jean-Christophe Babin, so
: please feel free to submit any questions for M. Babin as well.

: You can read more about some of the stories that I plan to cover
: here:

: http://www.calibre11.com/baselworld-2010-coverage

: And of course, if anyone here is going, I'd love to meet up.

: Cheers

: David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE