The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Photography Set-Up

From time to time, we end up on the subject of cameras, lighting and photo set-ups. I am constantly experimenting with different set-ups, and have yet to arrive at the "one" that is best for the range of photos and situations (movements, group shots, domed crystals, flat crystals, etc.).

Here is my classic late-night laundry room set-up, with bright flourescents. The dental floss attached to the hammer, perched on the window ledge, holds the zippered-case open - - -

Here is the resulting photo - - -

I am in the process of improving all this, for example, I have switched to an ivory table cloth instead of the blue towel in this shot - - -

Further improvements lie ahead, with some new lights, tripods, etc.

I am wondering whether others might be willing to show their favorite photographic set-ups??

Thanks,

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE