The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Nice collection. Here's my years worth so far...

Thanks Mark, I toyed with trimming it in blue but the red just looked a bit better. The 3 hand gold watch on the right is my late Fathers Sekonda. He bought it in the late 60's and although it probably isn't worth a great deal, it's worth more than the others to me.

About the Carrera's?? It's not that I don't like them, I just haven'e seen one that really jumps out at me and says BUY ME. Although, saying that, the 73653 is quite handsome...

David H

: Nice box David. The red sets the watches off nicely.

: I think it's harder now to start a collection than when I did;
: reasonably priced pieces in good original condition are thinner
: on the ground than when I set my original £500 ceiling! That
: didn't last too long but at the time you could buy pretty much
: anything for that, Monacos included. Of course, some of my
: watches have cost many times that ceiling now and I can only
: look back wistfully at those days. Good times, good times.

: So, two good collections for only a year in - year 2 should be
: consolidating and refining, so it will be interesting to see
: what it brings for both of you. And no Carrera on your wishlist
: David? Tsk tsk!

: What's the 3-hand watch, a Patek?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE