The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Yes, how exciting can collecting be..!

Thanks Mark. I tend to agree. Heuer's liberal view of using different dials from different suppliers in a kind of randomish way fits in with more observations that we have done so far and explains that after many, many years of collecting and OTD communications, we still find new, minor differences within a certain model series. And, to be honest, that is one of the attracting aspects of collecting Heuer instead of other brands that were more strict in that respect. We still do not know whether we have seen all the different types, variations, special editions etc etc. How exciting collecting can be!

In a few weeks I hope to present another special type, the 2446 Autavia with SN dial. A dial which I bought as a gamble, but, as turned out later, has been manufactured for the 2nd exc case version in 1968-1969. Has probably been only produced in a one off series, otherwise I cannot explain why we have seen so few ( David Devos showed one about a year ago, the very first one, so it is not a real novelty) . Took me a long time to get the confirmation from JHe by email, and after that finding the correct case, hands etc. But, the quest if nearly over now, and, this one has a mint dial, which for the last 40 years has only been catching dust in some swiss warehouse. Which was where I bought it.

Cheers
Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE