The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Post on the Omega Forum, then Duck!!

Very interesting photo and message!!

Based on some recent Heuer-bashing on the two major Omega discussion forums, I would expect that if you post this same photo and ask this same question, you will start a string of messages about how far superior the Omegas were (and are), how the Heuer are just "tool watches", how Omega timed the Olympics more often than Heuer, how the Omegas were worn on the moon, etc., etc., etc.

Post it on the TimeZone Rolex Forum, and you will get blasted from all sides and see smoke coming from your modem.

The Cortina is one of my favorites; I admire the Omegas, to this point from a distance; and these comparison shots are fantastic. THANKS!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: was perusing various sites and noticed a
: commonality btw these 2 handsome pieces:
: heuer cortina and omega speedmaster mk-v.

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE