The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
another siffert on ebay over... *LINK*

the $2k mark. this one went for $2091.04usd. if i remember correctly, without naming names (in case the person doesn't want this info tied to them, basically i'm trying to be courteous but still make a point with the example) someone here bought their fine example for, i think, right under 1k on a buy it now, and that was around mid to late 2003? if my memory serves me right this would be quite a jump in prices in such a sort amount of time.

this leads me to my questions, what does the future hold? constantly climbing higher market values? more examples showing up as owners try to cash in on the frenzy? less examples as owners/speculators decide to hold onto them until they hit the potential high point?

opinions, thoughts, etc appreciated. thanks in advance.

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE