The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A question about Re Dials/Ethics and Pride

Personal opinions please:
I have not seen a redialled Heuer posted on this site with a claim such as "This is Mine."
Whereas in a recent post
http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?page=1;md=read;id=40407 The Monaco 1533B Re Dial on EBay
this example seems to be a legitimate watch as I too received the same response from the seller posted by Richard77, when I asked the seller about its authenticity. Is this not such a bad thing, or is it a sacrilege? More specifically, is it a secrilege on OTD only? (Personally, I'd love to have it on my wrist, but then I am a Heuer novice, and a poor one at that!!! and
I'd prefer a better example of a cheaper watch, than a poor example of a better watch.

I'm just not sure where re dials stand. Is it a matter or personal ethics, practicality or ego that these aberrations are never displayed with pride, or are they just hidden away from our cyber peers from a sense that they are not good enough?
With respect and regards
mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE