The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: A tale of an idiot?
In Response To: A tale of an idiot? ()

In fact, I thought that 7228 CH (catalogued as S for some reason, maybe sales documentation has it as an S?) was a good buy Shaun. I remember thinking that at the auction, so I'm glad it's staying with a member of the OTD community. More comparable to a 2456 18K first generation Carrera than the 1158 in the auction, it seems to be significantly rarer (much shorter production run):

Strong money for it yes, but it stands up well to the question "When will you see another one?". Not often, I have seen 3 of these total in years of collecting. It answers "When will you see another one in this condition?" even more convincingly - probably never. And something of a Heuer insider's buy too. So rather than an idiot, I'll call you a Heuer connoisseur, how about that? :)

Messages In This Thread

A tale of an idiot?
Re: A tale of an idiot?
Re: 2456
also...
Re: Congrats and thanks
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE