The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The Perfect Watch
In Response To: The Perfect Watch ()

A good topic for the year end. It's been quite a year for me and my collection. A few have come and a few have gone. My favourite Heuer, that I own, is a tough one as I love the Siffert but in the end it has to be the Monaco. It was seeing a picture of this watch 3 or 4 years ago that got me interested in Heuer and starting a collection.

My favourite non Heuer is a Panerai Luminor. Not everyone's cup of tea but I love its simple design. He's a big old boy but you soon get used to the size.

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope 2011 is a good year for everyone. It's going to be busy for me as my wife and I have another baby due in August which is very exciting. It's going to mean that I have to get some more watches in my collection so I have something to pass on to them, so a win-win situation all round!!

David H

: Apologies, it is a question, not a statement.
: Having just read Jeff's review of his Tag Heuer Carrera 1887 this
: question came to mind.
: I'd love to hear what other members thoughts were as to their
: Perfect Watch, THAT THEY OWN and their reason for this. One
: Heuer and one non-Heuer would be great, but hey, I'm a no rules
: type of poster.
: As I have only one Heuer, for me it would be my Heuer Autavia 11630
: MH (Argentine Air Force Insignia). Other than Heuer, it would be
: my Omega Speedmaster Pro. It is so simply beautiful, that one
: design (pretty well) has lasted over 50 years and its reputation
: is up their with the best.
: Would love to hear others input on this.
: regards
: mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE