The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia Project II (PIC*)
In Response To: Re: Autavia Project II (PIC*) ()

Good point Mark and one that I have pondered for some time. While the options for Carrera expanded to include S, N, NS, SN, T, D, P and the gold options all in the same basic case, Autavia kept the basic NS dial and changed case three times in the same period with the three bezel options and that was it.

When I first saw Ron's SN Autavia it struck a cord and it was the same when I saw the Indy dial Autavia at the Tag Heuer museum (see below). I guess its becasue I have a facination with the rare and unusual Heuer watches that break from the norm and exist in very small numbers. The SN Autavia is such a beautiful piece and the fact that they are so rare makes them even more desirable.

regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE