The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Outing the Scammers: Interesting Discussion on ChronoTra

I have been thinking a lot about that Chronotrader post since it came out and would love to see more opinions about it.

As a watch collector, I too live with the nightmare of being scammed and greatly appreciate when somebody brings one more of these jerks to the spotlight. I just wonder if name, city and email is just enough information to educate a potential buyer of the risks involved. I feel that publishing the entire address does not effectively increases the chance to get the garbage out of the net, and goes more into the direction of a libel.

Bottom line, why not just name, city and email? In 2011, whoever wishes to go deeper in the search have plenty of tools to get to a building address....just my 2 cents...

Francesco

: Outing the scammers -- libelous or laudable?

: being discussed on ChronoTrader --
: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?page=1;md=read;id=19766

: happy that a previous discussion seems to have prevented a crime.

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE