The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Outing the Scammers: Interesting Discussion on ChronoTra

I don't think full postal address should be published, maybe part address. I'm in favour of zero tolerance but...
in all likelihood, the details aren't real anyway and will just help someone spot the scammer.

It is worth noting that the address (and even name) may be real & nothing to do with the scammer, just 'found' online. Someone could use, say, my details as a front. Then my name/address is splashed all over the internet & I'd have a never ending battle to clear it up.

Stewart

: I have been thinking a lot about that Chronotrader post since it
: came out and would love to see more opinions about it.

: As a watch collector, I too live with the nightmare of being
: scammed and greatly appreciate when somebody brings one more of
: these jerks to the spotlight. I just wonder if name, city and
: email is just enough information to educate a potential buyer of
: the risks involved. I feel that publishing the entire address
: does not effectively increases the chance to get the garbage out
: of the net, and goes more into the direction of a libel.

: Bottom line, why not just name, city and email? In 2011, whoever
: wishes to go deeper in the search have plenty of tools to get to
: a building address....just my 2 cents...

: Francesco

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE