The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
SCAN DAY: NY. Auto Show Autavia *PIC*

I went to the NY Auto Show opening on Saturday. As a member of the BMW Car Club, I got advance tickets to a preview/introduction of the new 645 coupe and convertible at 9am before the public gets into the show.

Well, anyway, at 11 am when the gates opened and the crowds started to flow in, I quickly started to shoot 180 pics before it got really crazy. Well that only took about an hour before it was vertually impossible to get a clear view of the cars to get nicely composed pics.

So I had seen this exposed engine cylinder chamber(piston, valves and spark plug) earlier and went back to it to get the shot below. It was really hard to get the lighting, flash, chrome reflections just right. This pic is one of fifteen!

Just thinking you might enjoy it!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE