The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Monaco 74033B, Innsbruck 76 Olympics

It's a sad fact that a lot of the stories we see on a watch forum are of someone inheriting a watch after someone has passed away. Often though, these can be a good read too, especially where there is a strong attachment to the watch and it evinces positive memories of the previous wearer(s). So thanks for your post and welcome to the forum - as definitely one of the wordier posters, there's no way I could bring you to task for a lengthy post!

I think we've seen something on here before about that Innsbruck team, definitely an interesting time for Heuer. I was going to post a picture of the Olympic facilities as I could have sworn I photographed it when I was there in 2002 but I couldn't find any of it - a picture of the Jesuitenkirche will have to suffice instead:

Beautifully clear blue skies on a crisp December day. In fact, it might have gotten a bit misty when we got to the Olympic park, which could explain why I can't find any photos...

Wear and enjoy the watch and in good time maybe you too can pass it on to one of the names in the drawing (I'd suggest not "cat" unless it's a shortened name!).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE