The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Way cool!!
In Response To: Way cool!! ()

Wow, great to know! I think the Monacos were handed out, regardless of their water resistance, just to try to breathe life back in the brand at the time. Which, in hindsight, seems funny.

BTW, as an epilogue, I guess I should have included that in the winter of '85 (my last year in high school, a year before college/university) I skied and stayed a week in Innsbruck, ocassionally taking the cable car down to the city; also took the train to Kitzbuhel & had to ski the Hannenkahm. at the time, I didn't know I'd be looking back at Innsbruck for different reason...

Thanks to everyone for your incredible feedback.

: Yes, roughly 20 of these were handed out to members of the US ski
: team..imagine that. the least water resistant model for a sport
: such as skiing!!
: Great story, many thanks for sharing, and wear it in good health,
: along with the great memories!!
: Cheers,
: David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE