The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Jo Siffert Early Execution
In Response To: Jo Siffert Early Execution ()

Ah, my mistake, I saw "fluted" and read pushers, sorry. Missing fluted pushers isn't so much of an issue, as they are readily changed and somewhat available.

Registers that aren't ridged however, can be more of a problem - this is often a sign of a refinished dial as the rediallers find it easier to paint on the flat surface than over the ridges. There are some exceptions, like Arno's tropical Carrera prototype:

Have you been able to check the watch in the metal to see if the ridges are actually absent? They are quite fine and tend not to be as obvious in photos on the black registers as they are on the white. And finally, any Siffert expert able to confirm that they should always be ridged? I'd expect to see them myself, but mine is more a passing interest in Autavias so it would be good to get word from an owner or two.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE