The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Calculator 110.633 incoming

: NOTE
: it has a black/gray dial and a cal 12.... the MOAT lists that under
: a 71 (early)..CAL15???

You want the line underneath Jurgen - the same note about black versus blue dials applies to the C11/12 models too. What Heuer had been cataloguing as charcoal before 1972 becomes deep blue in that year's catalogues, along with a fairly subtle change to the paint mix. Plenty of people see the earlier dials as blue too - we went with charcoal on the Carrera table as that's what the catalogues say (plus it matches what I see when I look at the dials ;) ).

: AND
: the Camaro's are missing from the MOAT.

: WOULD THAT BE
: because Jeff is too busy with his favourite Carrera's?
: or too busy in general?

I wouldn't say Jeff favours the Carreras - his collection is about as horizontal as they come. I used to peg him as an Autavia man, with an underweight position on Carreras but some of the recent acquisitions have redressed that. What you're probably seeing is a mix of my Carrera favouritism and me supplying Jeff with some changes to Carrera stuff, which he's running with. I know of one non-Carrera specific project underway, but Jeff always seems to have other stuff on the go too. Too much Heuer info and too little time I suspect :) I agree with you that the Camaro deserves its moment in the sun some time soon though!

: WHATEVER:
: the Camaro case needs to be refinished.
: the dial has a scratch in it, but no spots. hands perfect.
: the movement is keeping excellent time with ample powerreserve.

That's great, sounds like it might be less of a project than you imagined at first?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE