The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
8 and some Autavias

Jeff, congratulations on the development of OnTheDash, and the whole vintage Heuer community over the last eight years.

I wanted to post an "eight of" photo to commemorate; I went for the Autavia, the workhorse of the Heuer world. It may not have the elegance of some of the Carreras or the glamour of the Monacos and Silverstone, but there is just something so "right" about these watches.

I wanted to keep it pure, so I went for only the black dialed Autavias. None of those fancy white or silver dials, and none of those distracting colourful bezels of the GMTs, and certainly none of the 80's colours of the 11063 PVD cases. Just plain good old black dials and tachy or MH bezels.

Still, a big, big variety....

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE