The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Oris vs Tag VS Omega
In Response To: Oris vs Tag VS Omega ()

Welcome to the forum Nails.

I'll preface my comment with the fact that I'm a huge Carrera fan. I'll then go on to confound any expectations that may cause and side with Steve in recommending the non-date Speedmaster. The vast majority of current Carreras don't have enough in common with vintage Carreras for my liking - but then I'm a vintage fan, you may decide that broken DNA doesn't matter to you in the least!

The Speedmaster was around before it became the "Moon" watch and Omega may lean heavily on that heritage, but then it is real and genuine, and at least visually, the links with the watches worn by Apollo astronauts actually on the moon are clear. Not that you're likely to wear it on a Velcro strap around a bulky airtight jacket! So again, you may decide none if that matters to you either.

To close then, I'll agree with Stewart, it's all about the watch they appeals most to you at the end of the day. Try them all on, see how they feel, how they look on your wrist, and then and only then, buy your favourite and enjoy it! You might consider vintage too - with a mechanical watch, you're looking at ongoing servicing costs whether modern or vintage.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE