The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Oris vs Tag VS Omega
In Response To: Oris vs Tag VS Omega ()

While I can't disagree with any of the advice already given, I can well appreciate your situation. A few years back, I was in a similar position, pondering whether to get Speedy Cal. 321, a Sinn 203 or a Heuer Autavia. I ended up getting all three, plus a few, but that's another story.

The point is that I now have them and have to make a choice every morning what to put on my wrist. While I truly love them all, the watch that gets the most wrist time is the Speedy. It's a 1964, and I make sure to be careful with it, but it's the one that seems to belong there. And while I have a wonderful Siffert Autavia, it's become too valuable to comfortably wear regularly, so my number 2 is the Sinn, which is a relatively new watch and also one I truly love to wear.

Oddly, the only watch I have that I really don't care to wear is my Rolex GMT Master II, which feels pretentious and ostentatious. It just never feels right and I only wear it when I need the GMT function.

I guess Stewart's point really captured it. You need to decide which watch wants to be on your wrist.

Scott

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE