The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Come on Fed Ex van!
In Response To: Come on Fed Ex van! ()

You are exactly right Thomas.
The anticipation builds as the package nears you. There are the various stages of excitement
- watching the tracking reference online as it nears your city
- waiting for the van to come (sometimes aware that you have received packages previously at a certain time of the day)
- the casual interaction with the uniformed driver as you try not to show your excitement at their arrival and in some give away your poker face that the package in their hands is worth many £$€'s
- i also have a ritual where i sit at the dining table to open a package. Firstly i inspect the outer package for damage or signs the pack has been opened (i also photo anytime i see a possible problem). Then its a sharp pair of scissors to try and releive the tape that has kept it all sealed up, the whole time you know you latest treasure is just inches from your fingers and there's a noticable quickening of the pulse as you wait for that first glimpse.
- it often takes me quite some time of examining a new watch before i put it on. Winding it, setting the correct time, checking the chrono functions well - its all part of a ritual we share and one i doubt i will ever get tired of.

I see from your second post here that your package has arrived and i can bet you're proud of your new watch. Great condition and a remarkable piece - Well done !
Enjoy your new watch but never forget the thrill it gave just to receive it.
Cheers - Darren
-
-
-
-: I love the anticipation of a courier van arriving.

: The FedEx site tell me that my imminent arrival has safely arrived
: from Indiannapolis and is on a van in my city ready for delivery
: - good news.

: An imminent arrival really brightens up your day doesn't it?

: A sneak preview.....

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE