The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Landeron....
In Response To: Re: Landeron.... ()

Please do not think that I am being critical of this Heuer. I like the overall design and have one in my collection. I will admit that some Landeron based Wakmanns (I don't think they used any of the date wheel versions?) are now going for over $300 (exclude the gold cased ones and B&M) but I have yet to see an authentic Breitling with a Landeron 48 through 248 movement. If someone has one, please post the pics.
I did not know the story about Landeron having the 1st date wheel chronograph (2 register) movement. Interesting. IF anyone knows of any other 2 register date wheel chrono movements made during or before this era, let us know.

: I don't think it's quite that clear-cut. Whilst a lot of the watch
: houses that used Landeron movements are less well known, many of
: the Wakmann chronos with Landeron movements are making more than
: $300 now and Breitlings with the Landeron 50 obviously exceed
: that.

: I think that misses the point a bit though - Heuer went off-brand
: from the usual arrangement with Valjoux for the Carrera Dato 45
: because Valjoux weren't able to supply them with a movement that
: had a date wheel as well as the chrono at that time. Heuer were
: quite proud of the watch when introduced, the ads made a big
: play of being the first chrono with date wheel - Arno came up
: with a scan of it somewhere but I'm struggling to find it at the
: moment.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE