The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Great to See This, Rich
In Response To: Great to See This, Rich ()

Jeff

I'd assumed they may have been released in batches...i'd certainly be amazed if they made as many as 4000 examples of the three SS dial variations, knowing there were only approx that number of Monacos in 13 or so different (if sometimes subtle) dial variations.

But with only 20+ serials i'm not sure as yet we can draw many conclusions, which is why i'd be great to see some more on there, i'm sure there are quite a few more in OTD'ers ownership.

This year has been manic for several reasons, but i'm going to spend some time in the next month or so tidying up the sites, they have been unloved for a while!

Rich

: It's great to see this page, Rich . . . a job well done!!

: I am two-thirds of the way through a lengthy piece all about serial
: numbers, and the usefulness of registries, so your timing is
: absolutely perfect.

: Interesting to see these serial numbers in fairly tight formation
: -- 307 xxx through 310 xxx -- with no outliers. So can we safely
: say that there were less than 4,000 of these chronographs
: produced?

: Thanks again for this contribution to our community!!

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE