The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Not me...
In Response To: Not me... ()

Andy

Seal melt in my experience is not clearable from these PVD dials, it will always leave a stain, however i guess due to it being black it is not easy to see with the crystal on. I'd also caution against trying to clean it with too much force, as the last thing an owner would want is for the base dial metal to show through...

I'd say the price was close to being right, perhaps £8-9k for this condition would be correct. I especially liked the original worn PVD buckle...i may be wrong but the only other original buckle i have seen was on Arnos auction piece.

I'm not much of an Ebay auction watcher, but it does go to show that every once in a while, something worthwile does pop up!

Let's hope it was an OTD'er and we get to see this new Dark Lord again (and the owner is happy to give us the last 3 serials for the PVD register here) http://www.heuermonaco.co.uk/#/pvd-register/4542332839

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

: Not sure how I feel about this - whether it was a missed
: opportunity or not...
: €7750 is still a lot of money and a few k more than I paid for
: mine last summer pre-Bonhams.
: Mine looked much worse when I bought it but didn't have the dreaded
: gasket melt.
: I notice also the 3 o'clock marker is floating around and
: eventually disappears - hope it's not lost.
: Is that degree of melt cleanable on a black dial?
: If so, looks like a bargain :-)
: Would be great to know it's history and if the vendor knew about
: the Hasslinger auction.
: Anyway, another opportunity to show my before and after photo :-)
: AndyO...
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE