The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia 1163 Lug-Ends: Studying the Trapeziums

Jeff

Thanks for this, very interesting, its almost as if they were not sure (at source) the case result/effect they were seeking.
On Monacos we see much less variance, although i have seen clearly that there must have been some days when the best case polisher was on holidays, the finish still very good but not quite 100%. However i bet to finish these cases was no easy task and there must have been some casualties in the bin...

Rich

: In response to comments from Arno about the shapes of lugs on
: the Chronomatic Autavias, I spent some time last night studying
: the shapes and sizes of some Autavia 1163MH and 1163T lug-ends,
: and especially the two Trapeziums (Irregular Quadrilaterals) at
: the very end of the lugs (shown below) . . . I was studying
: cases that had not been refinished, and it was difficult to find
: even a pair of watches that had exactly the same geometry.

: The study of 1163 lug-ends will no doubt continue, but if anyone is
: wondering how I spent the hours between 11:00 to 1:00 last
: night, now you know!! [Of course, there was a good baseball game
: going in the background . . . making for a wonderful evening of
: watches and baseball!!]

: Jeff
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE