The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: and a fine one at that
In Response To: First Heuer ()

Hi Lou - lovely to see you here and posting one of your very own Heuer's. I know you are a very discerning collector with impeccable taste and from what I have seen, a magnificent collection. Your choice of a first Heuer certainly meets all those parameters. I am also pleased to hear you comments now that you have one in the metal in particular that you find this early Carrera to be a good size. This case and period of Carrera has an understated elegance and a level of comfort on the wrist that is no match for the larger cased watches that appeared in the years and decades after these. I am a big Carrera fan and commend you on your choice of what is a very fine and rare example in excellent condition.
Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

:
:

:
:

:
:

:
:

: Initial reactions? Very satisfied. The matte black makes an
: excellent watch face, and the contrast with both the silver
: 'factory' dial markings and the white MG-related markings is a
: nice detail. The size, with the aggressive lugs, is perfect. The
: mechanical action is direct and simple. I love that there is no
: tachymeter. The very bombe crystal is sure to attract damage on
: the other hand, but gives it a terrific look. I don't know
: whether I will add other Heuers, as I am a bit of a completist
: when it comes to collecting and Zenith absorbs most of my
: resources, but I've got no regrets about this one.

: Finally, and note of admiration for the general cohesiveness and
: collegiality of the forum, which I have remarked on before. It's
: a model of interaction among of dedicated enthusiasts.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE