The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Can any US cousins advise - USPS

It's past customs and (theoretically) en route for delivery. The problem is that some postal workers are less than diligent about scanning the parcel at the point of delivery, leaving that last detail unfulfilled even when they are supposed to provide delivery confirmation.

As anyone who has had the pleasure of discussing this with the USPS learns, their promises (and services for which you pay) are somewhat less than guaranteed, and essentially aspirations. When the blow the details, like final delivery or proof of delivery, they feel very badly, offer free apologies, and nothing else.

The only thing worth adding (especially since the Bethpage sorting facility isn't far away from me), is that I've sent and received many valuable items through the USPS, and never had an item lost or stolen. While I've seen delivery confirmation missed, the actual delivery itself always happened.

Scott

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE