The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No problems with IVHOC for me

I've used all sorts of forum software, from Simple Machines to phpBB, and never found much problem adapting to each.

I post more here than on the other Heuer fora, because it's where I first found a Heuer home on the net. Some quality discussions occur on the others too, and I post in those that interest or intrigue me - less so on Vetroplastica nowadays, only when I think I can contribute something the regulars will find worthwhile translating into Italian! No problems with cross-pollination either - I've referred to IVHOC posts here before and vice versa, the same with Vetroplastica. Best that way, coexisting as intersecting circles on a Venn diagram than separate entities.

I quite like the subforums too - I can witter on about cars and racers unconnected to Heuer there without feeling I'm foisting an off-topic post on people who aren't interested! Doesn't mean you'll get away from them here though, I also have few qualms about (reading or writing) OT posts here too.

I've been posting some replies on Cal 11 too, before I started guesting as a writer there. Some interesting and different perspectives there, often without the vintage background.

It goes to show the strength of the Heuer community today that it can support so many groups within the larger community, and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
I don't think Arno linking us over there is essentially different than posting re my similarly themed article on Cal 11; people will hopefully read and contribute as they see fit.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE