The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
OT: So what do the Porsche fans make of the new 911

Don't quite know how, after 993, 996 and 997, we come back to 991 but there you go.

The silhouette is pretty classic of course, can't see any 911 fan taking much issue with that.

Some might hanker for more upright headlights I guess, but I think aerodynamics and pedestrian regs have left those days behind.

And I like the rear:

Looks modern, restrained, not over-elaborate.

Not sold on the front yet though, the placing of the indicators directly over the air intakes I find a bit jarring.

Might be colour sensitive, it doesn't bother me as much on the silver car:

Will be interesting to see how they differentiate the turbo this time around, those indicators look like what they might have done for the turbo to me.

Quite like it overall though, better than the 996's "fried eggs"... Will wait for the GT3 before I decide I guess, could well be the sweet spot of the range again.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE