The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: OT: So what do the Porsche fans make of the new 911

Hmmm, just like the watches I'm torn between the simplicity of the 60s and the small changes for the 70s on 911 - I'm thinking S versus RS. Has to be pre-1974 in any case, the impact bumpers spoil the purity of the lines.

Tastes change of course. I remember seeing one of the following being driven by a beatiful woman in Munich when I was 16 and thinking it was the best 911 ever!

Nowadays I think the "slant-nose" SE is a bit of a mis-step curio in the 911 family, but I'm sure it helped Athena sell a LOT of posters!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE