The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This is for you, Dan...

..as I have been debating yesterday, about posting either the North or the South view. Then I thought you wanted to show this north view to your Calculator...It is a raw shot with zero post-production and hope you will recognize the area..

As per the company to my Autavia, it was once again lonely. I have to confess that in years of flea-market hunting and wrist-spotting of subway users, in my opinion New York has not proved to be a Heuer-friendly environment. European markets seem to offer more opportunities. If you like big Breitlings and shiny RLX's, New York can make you quite happy. Does anybody here see a link between geographical areas and watch brand ratings? Mmmhh...this might be a subject for another post...

Francesco

: Great shot Francesco. I used to have a fantastic north-facing
: office on the 33rd floor of 1 Penn Plaza. My Calculator never
: got tired of the view. My first Heuer--a 100 series quartz
: chrono was purchased at the Tourneau at 34th and 7th. My Dad and
: I bought identical chronos--I wish that we had enough knowledge
: then to have bought the mechanical version--the quartz was a
: victim of transitional Heuer!

: that part of town is kind of a Heuer wasteland--I am guessing that
: Autavia did not have a lot of company that day!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE