The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: collectors gap
In Response To: Re: collectors gap ()

Yes I agree: but when 2001 and 2008 hit us many collectors items came on market....in 2001 i remember many fine items like a originL POLPORF in nice yellow sliding box....never saw this again or a monte carlo boxed as new...so many watches came on market...no way to buy at this point...same will happen for sure if the crisis will go on: one part will sell, the other buy...still i beleive in real panic watches turn zeor in value....gold you better have small coins to exchange for food...my grandma hat many very small coind from bad experience : lost also money twice with a currency-reform-----like a new currency and through away the old one.....

lets see and collect further...hope this never ends...i would say collecting is a big part of my life and i like it !
ape

: Alex

: I agree with many of your points, but there will always be people
: who collect "things" whatever they may be and there
: will also always be people who can afford to collect. The
: financial crisis does have an impact, especially on a brand like
: Rolex where there is huge volume available however on brands
: such as Heuer this is less of an issue. In financially tough
: times people who have spare money often look for other
: investment areas, and i believe many have chosen gold, watches,
: art etc as safe havens...

: It's an interesting subject topic.

: Cheer

: Rich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE