The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Cry from the heart from a passionate collector....comme

Thanks Mark, Alex,

One of the things which came to my mind is, how is it possible that such a box pops up after 10 years of collecting, having seen most of all these "side products"such as boxes, old adverts, sales material, booklets catalogues etc by now ( fairs, OTD, Ebay etc)
Also in the TAG Museum I didn't see anything new in that respect. Watches yes, side products no.

Also the brand new look of it makes me a bit nervous. With today's prices it shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate a totally new version with Heuer look ( correct colour, logo, fonds and such) in one of the low price countries and present it as a total collector's novelty. We have seen such examples before from Italy. Or am I too critical now?
Let's see whether there will be more the coming months. As, that would make my theory more plausible than with only one piece so far.

Cheers
Ron

P.S. Congrats to the buyer, it is still a fantastic box. Is he/she a family member???

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE