The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Another interesting discussion - that needs some research...

Exactly what my thoughts are...very suspicious for me too.

So, we have a discussion rolling now...hopefully we can find something more about these bizarre boxes.

My first reaction was very convinced...completely fake. However, I do not pretend at all to know this for sure or know everything about these boxes, I'm always eager to learn and educate myself.

That's the beauty and strength of this forum and community.

In the 8 years I'm following Heuer I never ever saw a box like this...only in the past couple of months, after they are catching big money. So these two facts together with the fact of the different size of the box and the very poor finishing on the inside convince me that these are not what we should see when expecting a NOS/mint vintage Heuer box.

As outlined before the darker red colour is not uncommon for me as we also see this on the older boxes from the 60-ties...

So, all in all, again an interesting discussion...but we will need more details, pictures and testimonials from these boxes. So, it would be helpfull if we could find some more proof and pictures from these questionable boxes.

Again, we're all here to learn and to find out more about everything related to our beloved Heuer timepieces.

Another thought of me...we all know the 73633 Monaco's with the missing Heuer logo and Tool 33 on the back and "fake dial and hands"...maybe the company or watchmaker who made assembled/made these questionable Monaco's also manufactured these specific Heuer boxes. Could be a worthy explanaition...

Any more thought, proof and ideas more then welcome!

Cheers,
Abel.

: I don't understand why the eBay seller would have deleted the
: photos, if this box were genuine. Suspicious activity.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE