The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Lewis launches 18...er something. *PIC*

Here's a pic of Lewis Hamilton in Dubai to launch the Calibre 1887 line at the Tag Heuer Boutique in Dubai Mall from earlier this evening. (He's in the UAE for the Abu Dhabi GP at the weekend) He did a q&a, handed out some prizes and was given a shiny new rose gold Grand Carrera, which he seemed genuinely pleased with. The question's in the q&a were all the usual PR stuff you'd expect, 'you like mastering speed and Tag Heuer has been mastering speed for 150 years, is this why you became a brand ambassador?', to which he answered, 'er, yes - speed.'

In answer to the question, 'and what, Lewis, is your favourite watch in the Tag Heuer range?' he responded excitedly, 'this one, its a er Carrera er 18 something something.' The smooth Swiss marketing exec jumped in and confirmed its the new 1887 in-house Calibre much to the relief of Mr Hamilton.

Still, a pretty good show and the Tag Heuer boutique in Dubai Mall is terrific - the staff are knowledgeable and fun and drool over my vintage watches when i've dropped them off for servicing - I hope they sold a ton of watches tonight and I was thrilled to have been asked along tonight.

I've an 1887 and do genuinely love it - I hope other vintage Heuer fans also give it a try if they havent seen one yet.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE