The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Mark I Case with Mark 2 (Thin) Bezel?
In Response To: Screw back Timeline *PIC* ()

This is a fantastic illustration . . . thanks for posting it again.

One immediate question: Do you believe that there were the Mark 1 cases (based on the shape and geometry of the case) that had the Mark 2 (Thin) bezel? For example, at Serial Number 85,000, you show that we are still on the Mark 1 case, but have switched to the Mark 2 bezel?

I have not studied the subject, but I would have guessed that when the case was changed from Mark 1 to Mark 2, then the bezel was changed at the same time (from tritium to thin) . . . or maybe we say that the new bezel was for the new case. Can you provide photos of these Mark 1-1/2 guys (older case, with newer bezel)? Or perhaps you are saying that the watch that I have called "second execution" is actually this Mark 1-1/2 (older case / newer bezel)?

This question is especially interesting, as the second execution that I show in my photograph is serial number 89311. So would you say that this case is Mark 1 (identical to the first execution Autavia, shown on the left), with only the bezel changing? Can you please show us some of the Mark 2 cases?

Thanks again,

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++
: This is a summary i made some time ago...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE