The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Vintage service at Tag Heuer Service Center?

I'd be very surprised if they had a replacement dial available so not sure what they'd do, guess they'd say they were unable to do anything on the dial - probably a similar story with the hands.

Would it not be better to source a dial (there's often Camaro dials on the market (depending on variant) and likewise you could source some hands and pushers.

My thoughts anyway.

Thomas

www.heuerheritage.co.uk

: Hello all,

: Long time lurker.

: I have a Heuer Camaro, 73443 that I would like to have a dial,
: hands, and pushers replaced. I contacted Tag Heuer USA and they
: said they would have to send it back to the factory to be
: assessed.

: Is this my only alternative?

: Has anyone sent their timepiece back and if they have, did they
: receive a NOS dial or a refinished dial? Were they satisfied
: with the results?

: I am a watchmaker working for a large luxury goods service center
: in Texas USA (not Swatch Group nor LVMH) and have serviced the
: movement. Just need a new dial, hand set, and fluted pushers.

: Any help would be great

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE