The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Only 3 manual and 3 automatic important Heuer's???

Dear Gianvittorio,

I read your comment on Alex his forecast. Ofcourse it's always difficult to make predictions and one can always be mistaken. And especially the day of today...there are no certainties at all. It's always dangerous to mix too much emotion with reality. It's necessary to keep both factors at a realistic level.

I also read you state that there are only three manual wind and three automatic "very important" Heuer models. And all the rest would be second row...pfew GVM...I think you take a very very short turn here. As real Heuer Aficionado this expression sounds not very positive in my ears and I feel a natural urge to resist. It raises a lot of questions for me. You have to realize that tastes differ from collector to collector. To generalize is not correct. I think Heuer thanks its succes not only to the three very important manual and three very important automatic watches where you're referring to...but rather to their very extended portfolio, which contains a lot of beautifull and important watches IMHO. Howmany times we saw a top three or top five list here on OTD...people always mention that it's their top list at that very moment and can change as time passes by...

For the statement you made, maybe specify...as I think you may have expressed in a wrong way. Here are some questions that came to my mind when reading your statement;
* Do you mean this financially wise, talking about values? Or emotionally?
* What six exact models are you referring too?? 3 manual and 3 automatic please...
* Is this your personal view or do other people share this view together with you?
* Are you only talking in the timeframe of the 60-ties and 70-ties??

Looking forward to see your top three list from both automatic and manual wind Heuer's...

With my best regards from Belgium,
Abel.

: I do not agree about anything.

: I believe that the crisis is just a great excuse.For many this is
: the time to sell.
: We have a great problem:
: the brand is becoming more and more known and sought after..every
: day we can see a new blog,a new forum,a new followers..it's
: positive for our communication but NOT for prices.In fact, we
: can't see a good Carrera manual wind (the real holy grail next
: future).
: A good Autavia 2446 screw back is quite impossible to find.Junkies
: are everywhere.

: There are 3 automatic models
: 3 models and manuals
: very important
: and the rest 'has always been a fun collectibles(Viceroys,automatic
: steel Carreras,Jarama,Monza,Cortina,Daytona,etc...)
: but always of the second row.

: Many helmets for sale?
: Please,be serious and look better.It's only junkie.

: The best is gone.

: Have a nice day

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE