The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: We know Heuer sold a lot of stopwatches...

: Not sure this first step in the water will lead me to collect many
: more, but I guess i'll wait until i've read your next article
: and then decide - then I can blame you next scan day!

Ahhh. The article will have timers in, but not just timers and those two were incidental to the research and couldn't be included as they don't fit the theme :)

As for prices, that's from a '72 catalogue. Compared to the $22-24 for those stopwatches, an 1163 Autavia was $200, a 1553 Carrera $170, a Temporada $85 and an Easy Rider just $39.95. Amusing that they felt the need to take those 5 cents off the RRP given that it's already less than half the price of the next cheapest watch.

Messages In This Thread

We know Heuer sold a lot of stopwatches...
Stopwatch company
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE