The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bad luck Stepan, but I agree with Lou...
In Response To: Re: I'd forget about it Stepan ()

...the description translates into English as; "Fantastic, completely original ZENITH El Primero automatic chronograph from the 1970s, so-called TV model, or even big blue (due to the great, blue digit sheet) - vintage buyout for 1650 euros!"

Not the greatest translation in the world but I would assume the 'great, blue digit sheet' is the dial?? and it does say 'blue'.

Anyway, this has happened to me before and it is very frustrating.

Good luck with your search again Stepan, and may I congratulate you on a first rate watch choice.

David H

: Stepan,

: The watch in the link looks to be blue to me. But if you won a
: black at anywhere close to that price, it's clear what happened.
: The seller did his due diligence after the fact and realized the
: black is worth several times more than the blue. It is a price
: difference of several thousand Euro. He will refuse to take a
: bath on it, regardless of any Ebay penalty. If I were in his
: place, my mother couldn't convince me to sell a black at that
: price.

: Sorry, but there it is. Yes, he should have informed himself prior,
: but now that he knows, you can't expect someone to gift you a
: few thousand Euro.

: LS
: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE